After months of silence, tech company, HTC has finally come out with an announcement about its new smartphone, the Desire 12s. This announcement follows the heels of HTC U12Life (which has its design adopted by the Desire 12s) which was launched earlier this year.
The phone has no unique features apart from its weird design. The phone has a reasonable sized screen with slim bezels and a Snapdragon 435 SoC. Let’s move on to have a full discovery about its specifications.
HTC Desire 12s Key Specifications
- 5.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1440 pixels
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Octa-core 1.4 GHz, Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435
- 4GB RAM and 64GB built-in storage or 3GB RAM and 32GB built-in storage
- 13 MP rear camera and 13MP selfie camera
- 3075mah non-removable battery
HTC Desire 12s: Design and Display
The HTC Desire 12s has a look similar to most entry-level phones in the market today. It has a width of 72.7mm and weighs about 150g.
Although the phone appears like any regular phone, you will find a surprise if you take a closer look. At the back panel lies a camera sensor which is placed with a little bump which reaches to the left. This unusual setup houses a LED flash with a finger scanner under it.
Concerning the screen, this smartphone features a 5.7-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 720×1440 pixels. The display also has an aspect ratio of 18:9 and a screen to body ratio of 74.8%.
The screen has no notch and features smaller bezels. However, it has a more prominent chin which fits the phone’s entry-level status
You can get the phone in colour options such as black, silver, and red.
HTC Desire 12s: Camera
Looking at the rear panel of the phone, you might think it has a dual camera setup. However, this is not the case as the primary camera consists of a single 13MP sensor with a f/2.0 opening and a LED flash. The secondary camera is a 13MP selfie snapper with a f/2.2 opening.
Both cameras can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
HTC Desire 12s: Hardware and Software
The HTC Desire 12s works with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 SoC alongside an Adreno 505 GPU. This setup will handle various tasks on the phone during normal conditions.
Regarding storage, the phone has two versions; one version has 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage while the other version has 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal memory. Both versions come with a memory card slot with which the internal storage can be extended to 512GB.
The smartphone will run on Android 8.1 Oreo based on HTC’s Sense UI.
HTC Desire 12s: Battery and Connectivity
This device will function with the support of an embedded Lithium-ion with a capacity of 3075mAh. Although the size is smaller than most phones available today, it may power the phone for the most part of the day on a single charge.
The HTC Desire 12s also features a dual sim slot setup for Nano SIMs and works with GSM/ HSPA/LTE networks. The device supports WIFI standards including Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WIFIDirect and Wi-Fi Hotspot. Other connectivity options on this product include Bluetooth v4.2 and a micro USB 2.0 port for charging and data transfer.
HTC Desire 12s Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 154.2 x 72.7 x 8.3 mm
- Material: To be confirmed
- Weight: 150g
- SIM: (Dual Nano-SIM, Dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS, LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 5.7-inches
- Screen Resolution: 18:9, 720 x 1440 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435, Octa-core 1.4 GHz
- RAM: 3/4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32/64GB
- Card Slot: Yes
- Primary: 13MP with f/2.0
- Secondary: 13MP with f/2.2
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, WiFi Hotspot
- Network 2G: Yes
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.2
- USB: Yes, micro USB 2.0
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Sensor: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Capacity: Li-Ion 3075 mAh battery, non-removable
- Type: Li-ion
- Fast Charging: To be confirmed
- OTG Support: To be confirmed