Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Customer Success Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers who want to build a career out of making BIG things happen. Join us if you’re:
- A creative thinker who is articulate, empathetic, and passionate about customer experience.
- Detail-oriented, curious and always thinking about ways customer interactions could be improved.
- We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we’re happy for people to build new skills, specialise or move between teams.
About this Role
What will you be doing:
- You’ll directly manage a number of customer success specilaist so they can meet their personal and professional goals. You’ll organise people around you and take quick action when you see a problem coming whether it’s not enough people covering the right types of queries, a training need, or something going wrong.
- Ideal candidates must demonstrate that they are both curious and analytical, passionate about customer experiences, and expert storytellers. They must be an excellent communicator in both written and spoken English.
How Will You Create Impact?
- Every person in COps has the power to solve problems quickly and with minimal fuss. We’ll give you all the tools and training you need so you know exactly how payments systems actually work, and you’ll listen to customers’ concerns with positivity, empathy and patience. Then you’ll fix whatever’s up and stop it from happening again
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Instilling a strong customer-centric culture and keeping everyone focused on what really matters: helping our customers with their personal financial lives
- Making sure our customers are happy and satisfied, and their issues are fixed quickly and completely: This will involve organising people around you and taking quick action when you see a problem coming – whether it’s helping to build scalable processes that are fit for purpose, supporting a training need, or addressing something going wrong.
- Helping each member of your team with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes.
- Defining and further developing standards of service excellence for all sites to achieve through high touch culture, guidance, and accountability.
How Will We Help You Grow?
- In a job at SPOC, you will learn how to best understand clients’ needs, collaborate with a wide variety of technical and nontechnical professionals.
- We ensure you grow through interesting and challenging work, have an active voice in your career development and are a part of a culture that supports your growth through actively creating opportunities to expand your skills.
This might be for you if you:
- Are fluent in English (additional Nigerian languages are a nice to have )
- Have excellent listening and communication skills
- Have a strong understanding of operational processes and of customer services
- Are Knowledgeable about Customer Experience management
- Are comfortable with and experienced in dealing with senior management
- Have a strong ability to work independently
- Have excellent relationship and partnership building ability (both internal and external)
- Led and scaled successful teams to achieve their goals and have an empathetic leadership style
Nice to have:
- Proven ability to track, measure, and optimize multi-disciplined operations team
- Significant senior management experience, ideally in a customer-centric role
- Business Process Outsourcing experience is strongly preferred
- Experience ramping and managing medium-large scale Operations preferred.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online