Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Growth
Job Type: Full-time
We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers who want to build a career out of making BIG things happen. Join us if you’re:
- A creative thinker with a proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities.
- Highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, can collaborate across disciplines to deliver a cohesive product strategy.
- We’re building a world-class Growth team and want thoughtful, curious, hardworking, and humble teammates. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we’re happy for people to build new skills, specialise or move between teams.
How Will You Create Impact?
- This is a high visibility and high impact role: you will be in charge of important things from strategy to goal setting, executing, and iterating. You will lead a team of talented product managers and work with cross-functional teams to achieve growth goals across the marketplace.
- In this role, you’ll use strategy, creative thinking, experimentation, and analysis to drive business outcomes measuring marketing programs by revenue, ROI and exceeding targets. This is a role that requires strong business acumen, curiosity about what drives customer needs/wants/desires, and an obsession with data to optimize performance across all parts of the funnel.
- You’ll provide input into multichannel growth strategies, leveraging marketing tools such as search engine optimization, social media, and mobile native. You will be in charge of defining and validating core KPIs—such as cost per metrics, retention, ROI, and lifetime value—to drive business growth.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Demand Generation: Develop a demand generation playbook that brings new customers through the purchase funnel, from lead to nurturing to conversion and ultimately retention.
- Content: Work closely with the brand marketing team to produce and test creatives. Own product positioning, messaging, and the overall go-to-market strategy.
- External Product Marketing: Push inbound marketing through enhancement of the company website for quality SEO performance, site optimization, analytics infrastructure, contact form/demo etc.
- Internal Product Marketing: Drive mass consumer awareness of our brand. Support internal brand awareness and attachment. Identify strategic marketing and impact partnerships that will help to elevate the brand
- Measure and improve: In concert with the executive team concept, test and validate new creative, strategy, and channels for performance marketing. Ensure robust tracking and conduct rigorous analysis of growth opportunities and performance, including mix modeling to determine optimal spend by channel. Build and maintain reporting dashboards, briefing our executive team on the spend and efficacy of growth marketing efforts.
- Complex, cross-functional project management: Growth marketing is part-creative, part-analytical, part-business owner, and you’ll need to work well with teams across the organization such as analytics, engineering, product, and user research, among others.
How Will We Help You Grow?
- As Head of Global Growth Marketing, you will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor at a company that has big plans to revolutionize finance and technology. You’ll help set the marketing strategy, manage and grow SPOC’s digital marketing program, execute innovative campaigns, and rigorously use data to test and iterate.
- You’ll rapidly grow in your ability to think strategically and creatively by analyzing and synthesizing data, recommending and executing courses of action. The role will help you develop an entrepreneurial spirit to shape growth initiatives and drive businesses.
This might be for you if you have..
- 6+ years across roles in a marketing operational role or in strategic planning in support of marketing efforts or
- 5+ years previous experience in Growth, Product Management and/or demand generation with product-driven sales process (B2B, Consumer or SaaS)
- Expert-level understanding of performance marketing, advertising, event marketing, PR, growth KPIs, marketing funnels, CRM data hygiene best practices, and Salesforce and experience owning the prospect lifecycle from lead generation to sales
- Experience in strategic organizational growth, team management, consulting, private equity, investment banking, or corporate strategy.
- Capacity to own projects end-to-end. This is a fast-paced environment in which employees need to completely own (and initiate) projects, push them to completion, and make tough judgements using a combination of data and intuition.
- Experience growing consumer software products that serve 100K+ monthly active users
Nice to have:
- Past experience with A/B and multivariate testing as well as reporting and data analysis
- Deeply interested in psychographics, with knowledge of frameworks like DISC and the Enneagram.
- Past experience with multi-channel programs turning 40% of prospects into new customers within 3 months and acquiring new customers by 30% YoY over the last 12 months
- Experience evaluating and implementing new attribution tools/vendor relationships. Have worked with/managed multiple agency relationships. You understand the agency landscape and have recommendations from day one.
- Technical marketing experience: This role requires a combination of software engineering, business analysis, business processes, marketing and data engineering skills to create technology-oriented disruptive marketing programs that drive growth.
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment. Advanced excel skills is also a plus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online